If you are retired, have difficulty reading print or are in receipt of certain benefits, you will be eligible for concessions on library fines and charges.
This information is confidential and will not be passed to any other organisation.
You will need to show your benefit book or an official letter to staff when you join the library or start receiving benefit.
E-mail notification of overdue and reserved items
Borrowing from Birmingham Libraries
- are over 60 and not in full time employment
- are receiving Bereavement Allowance
- are receiving Disability Living Allowance
- are receiving Working Tax Credit
- are receiving Incapacity Benefit
- are receiving Income Support ( if you or your partner sign on )
- are receiving Invalid Care Allowance
- are receiving Severe Disablement Allowance
- are receiving Job Seekers Allowance for yourself or your partner
- are receiving Housing Benefit
- are an ESOL learner
- have a visual impairment
- have dyslexia