The Birmingham Area Investment Prospectuses
Birmingham's Growth Agenda
In order for Birmingham to achieve its potential we must proactively address the issue of worklessness. We are doing this by:
- Ensuring that jobs created through regeneration, area development and planning are captured and accessed by the local areas where high levels of worklessness exists.
- Maintaining and developing strategic links with partners, monitoring performance of interventions, implementing the partnership worklessness protocol and embedding effective working practices.
- Developing a corporate worklessness strategy and action plans to improve delivery of worklessness initiatives by being locally focused and able to respond to the changing needs of the individual communities.
We are already seeing the success of this strategy through our partnership work with JobCentre Plus and developers at the Fox and Goose and Brookfield Precinct sites, where jobs have been secured for long term unemployed people.
Expectations from Developers
As the City Council we have a commitment to local residents to encourage development that will bring real changes and long-term sustainable benefits to local people and the environment. We expect developers and investors to sign up to 5 key principles in delivering sustainable regeneration:
- Jobs for Local People
- Excellence in Design
- The Promotion of Sustainable Development and Innovative use of
- Renewable Energy Sources
- Consultation and Engagement
- Housing to meet Local and Strategic Requirements
As part of the Prospectus, we want to highlight a range of tools available to assist with the development of sites, where this is necessary. Every site is different and requires different market solutions. However, where specific conditions make it necessary we have tools to enable us to work with developers and other public sector agencies to solve problems and kick-start development. We offer a menu of measures at various stages of development, including:
- Site assembly
- Site investigation/reclamation
- Gap funding
- Development management
Where to find out more
The Planning and Regeneration Service is responsible for production and delivery of the Area Investment Prospectus, led by Waheed Nazir, Director of Regeneration.
Enquiries should be made to:
East – 0121 464 9835 firstname.lastname@example.org
North West – 0121 464 7738 email@example.com
South – 0121 464 9835 firstname.lastname@example.org
Press enquiries: 0121 303 3030
Copyright: Copyright Restricted.