Due to essential maintenance some of our forms will be unavailable on Saturday 20th December 2014 between 8.00am and 8.00pm. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
To report an Empty Property please email us at email@example.com providing the following information :
- Full address of the property
- Type of property, for example, bungalow, flat, semi-detached house
- A description of the external condition of the property
- Length of time it’s been empty
- Any additional information about the property, for example about the owner or any known occurrences of nuisance
- Your contact details.
Residential properties that stand empty in Birmingham are a target for squatters, vandals and burglars. Instead, they could be providing homes for the many people who need one.
That is why, as part of a nationwide plan to get empty properties back into use, we’ve made it easy for you to tell us about a property you know stands empty. It doesn’t matter whether it belongs to the council or is privately owned.
We will investigate and take whatever steps are appropriate. The Empty Homes Agency and the Housing Department's Empty Homes Strategy update below can also give you information about this.
Please note: we cannot provide a list of privately owned empty properties in Birmingham. Please read our statement attached below for more information about this.