Schools Music Service
This page is known as www.birmingham.gov.uk/music-service
The Music Service supports and enhances music education for all city pupils, through a programme of high quality support, delivered by specialist instrumental and vocal teachers and music therapists.
The Music Service supports pupils by:
- Providing opportunities for as many pupils as possible to receive instrumental / vocal tuition and / or coaching and to enable those pupils to realise their full potential.
- Extending pupilsNational Curriculum Music entitlement by providing specialist tuition on a wide range of instruments and voice.
- Extending pupilsNational Curriculum Music entitlement by providing opportunities for ensemble performance at all levels of attainment, on an area and central basis, in a range of styles, periods and cultures, and to celebrate this achievement in public performances.
- Providing opportunities to experience music therapy.
- Providing a written record of pupils' achievement in instrumental and vocal work.
The Music Service supports schools by:
- Liaising closely to support the individual and collective need of pupils.
- Providing specialist knowledge and skills for the music curriculum
- Offering opportunities for live music in schools
- Extending schoolscurriculum provision for music.