We can only investigate noise nuisance complaints which are generated by domestic or commercial premises situated within the Birmingham city boundaries. In addition, please note that Statutory Nuisance legislation is only applicable to the enjoyment of a domestic premises and therefore cannot be used to investigate noise problems affecting a commercial addresses. For example we are unable to investigate when noise from busking is reported by commercial premises (offices, shops, hotels etc.).
If you are suffering from noise nuisance we advise you to try and resolve the matter informally by speaking to, or sending a note to your neighbour about the problem you are experiencing. This approach often resolves the matter, improves neighbour relations and provides a more long term solution.
After reading the information below and useful attachments, if you wish to report noise nuisance please use the report noise nuisance button above.
We can investigate the following types of noise when they affect domestic residents of Birmingham:
- Loud amplified music or loud television
- Continuous dog barking
- Continuous sounding car, house or commercial alarms
- Construction/industrial noise
- Road works noise
- Traffic noise
- Busker noise (noise from street performers)
- Behavioural noise: This can include domestic related noise, such as banging or slamming doors, or shouting continuously
- Mechanical noise: This can include noise from people doing DIY for prolonged periods or at unreasonable hours, noise from washing machines etc.
Please ensure when completing the form that you select the type of noise from the drop down list. It is very important that you only select "Behaviour Noise (e.g., people shouting or banging doors etc)" if that is the only or main issue. If the main issue is something else but there is also door banging and shouting please select the most appropriate issue type.
We also provide loudspeaker consents. If you would like to apply for a loudspeaker consent, please visit our loudspeaker consent scheme page.