Kings Norton Lights Switch On Friday 6 December!
Come along to our Kings Norton Sparkle, Friday 6th December, 4.30-6.00pm - Kings Norton Green
- Meet Father Christmas and his elves in his grotto
- Mr Juggler - Children's Entertainer & baloon modelling
- Saxophonist - Odell Millen
- Soulful - Gospel Quartet
- Megan - (Singer & Acoustic duo)
- Kings Norton Girls School Year 9
- West Heath Community Choir
Who we are and what we do
Northfield Citizens Advice Bureau is now based within Northfield Library, 77 Church Road, Northfield, Birmingham, B31 2LB.
OPENING TIMES: Wednesday and Thursday 9am - 4pm
They can be contacted by telephone on 08444 77 1010 (or 0300 330 0650 if you are using a mobile).
Visit our new events website to find out
what's on in Northfield and across the city.
Contact the Neighbourhood Office
- Neighbourhood Office and Housing Advice Centre - 0121 216 3030
Contact the District Office
- Post - Northfield District Office, 1A Vineyard Road, B31 1PG
- Telephone - 0121 464 9812- NOT for Housing / Neighbourhood Office
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org (NOT Housing)
- Email - email@example.com (HOUSING)
Contact your Local Councillors
Meeting rooms for hire
Visit our meeting room hire page to find out what facilities we have available at competitive rates.
How you can be involved
If you live or work in Northfield, we want you to be involved in running loal services . You can raise issues which concern you and contribute to decision making in a number of ways:
- District Committee - The key decision making body for Northfield District and part of the Governance Framework for the City Council.
- Ward Committees - Provide a mechanism for members of the public to become involved in the decisions that affect their neighbourhood.
- Democracy in Birmingham - District and Ward Committee reports and decisions can be found here.
- Soap Box - Your chance to speak for three minutes at either a District or Ward Committee and to meet your Councillor
Involve Young People's Group no longer exists. However, there is a newly formed Northfield District Youth Council, at the Factory Young People's Centre, Devon Way, Longbridge, B31 2TS.
Details of previous successes are below:
For 2013/14 all Wards in the city have received a reduced allocation of £50,000.
This allocation enables the Wards to fund schemes which support Ward and neighbourhood working or contribute to extending community engagement, cohesion and empowerment.
Projects supported through this fund must also demonstrate that they support one or more of the outcomes in Birmingham’s Council Plan 2008 -2013 and Birmingham’s Community Strategy 2026.
Generally, any properly constituted organisation may submit a project proposal. You should first talk with the District Ward Support Officer to find out about what outcomes and locally identified priorities the Ward or District Committee is likely to support and the money that it has available. For further information please contact your Ward Support Officer, Marcia Greenwood at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0121 464 3650.
Community Chest - All Wards are now closed for applications
The Community First Programme is a national programme which runs over four years until 2015. Twenty seven Wards in Birmingham have funding through Community First. The programme is independent of Birmingham City Council and is managed by a national organisation, appointed by the Government, called Community Development Foundation. Community First funding is distributed by a Community First Panel established in the Ward. A list of Community First Panels along with other information about this programme and how to access funding is available on the Community Development Foundation website.
There may be a number of other funding opportunities available, such as Big Lottery Funding for example. Your District Ward Support Officer can give you more information on this.
Other Funding Opportunities
Children in Need Grants
BBC Children in Need's processes for applying for a grant have recently changed and there are also new application deadlines. Please check the Children in Need website for more information.
Funding for Environmental Projects
Community Groups based in Birmingham can apply for a small grant of up to £1,000 for projects which will improve their local environment. Grants are awarded twice a year – in June and December. Please check the Birmingham EnviroGrant Scheme web page for more information and application form.
Activities and Events
Visit our what's on guide for events in Birmingham.
- Car Parks within Northfield
- Housing General
- Local Housing Team
- Neighbourhood Office and Housing Advice Service
Sport and Leisure Facilities
- Colmers Community Leisure Centre Tel: 0121 675 8146
- Northfield Pool and Leisure Centre Tel: 0121 464 1058
Including Citizens Advice Bureau within Northfield Library (9.00-4.00 Wed/Thurs only)
- Frankley Library Tel: 0121 464 7676
- Kings Norton Library Tel: 0121 464 1532
- Northfield Library Tel: 0121 464 1007
- Weoley Castle Library Tel: 0121 464 1664
- West Heath Library Tel: 0121 464 7548
- Citizens Advice Bureau Tel: 0121 683 5767
- Hawkesley Community Centre Tel: 0121 459 8910
- Kings Norton Three Estates New Deal for Communities
Please give us your views. We would like you to tell us what you think of our services. It’s always great for us to hear when things go right but crucially, it’s important for us to know if we get things wrong.
Is your neighbourhood having an arts crisis? Do you need inspiration, support or a chance to take part? Birmingham City Council has teamed up with the city's flagship arts companies to bring the arts closer to you. The Arts Champions are inspiring, engaging and enthusing local communities by promoting the arts and supporting new intitiatives across the city.
Car Parks in Northfield
Cemeteries and Cremetoria
Children, Young People & Families
Community Information Websites
Disability Information Zone
Family Information Service
Jobs with Birmingham City Council
Older People Services
Parks & Open Spaces
Refuse Collection & Recycling
Streets, Transport, Parking
Youth Groups in Northfield & Selly Oak
External Links (Information on external links)