Helping you to prevent falls
Have you fallen over, are you worried about falling or feel unsteady?
If you are 50 or over and live in Birmingham, we can help you or someone you know
We are working with organisations in Birmingham such as health services, the emergency services and voluntary organisations to help you avoid falling at home.
How can we help?
We can provide:
• advice about preventing slips, trips and falls
• reviewing your medication
• arranging an eye test
• telling you where to find exercise and fitness classes, such as Tai Chi classes
• telling you about approved organisations that can carry out home repairs
• advice about keeping warm in winter
• free, confidential and independent advice about any state benefits you may be entitled to
• free home safety checks
• classes to help you learn to use a computer and the internet
• how to get involved in your local community.
What happens next?
To use our service or refer someone who you know, you will need complete a falls prevention referral form.
You can do this yourself using the online form (Please refer to the guidance notes below, whilst filling the toolkit)
If you need help we can complete this for you.
How to contact us
For more information, to complete the falls prevention referral form over the phone or request a paper version -
Phone: 0121 675 5171
If you want to complete the referral form over the telephone, don’t worry we will do this by ringing you back at our expense.
Or you can
Write to us:
Falls Prevention Team
Birmingham City Council
Leaflets and forms
If you would like copies of our leaflets and forms in another language, in large print, in Braille or on audio tape, MP3 or CD, please phone us on 0121 464 3123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.