Introduction to Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults
Who is this course for?
- considering a career in TEFL
- an experienced teacher looking for a career change and thinking of teaching EFL
- applying for a Cambridge or Trinity course in TEFL
- teaching another foreign language to adults
No teaching experience or qualifications are required to join this course, just an interest in teaching English to speakers of other languages.
What are the course aims?
- to give an outline of current approaches in English language teaching to adult students
- to look at some specific methods and materials
- to help participants decide if they wish to make a career in EFL teaching
- to give information on opportunities for further training and employment in ELT
What does the course involve?
- a beginners' class in a foreign language
- language awareness: an introduction to grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation in the English Language Teaching context
- current approaches to language teaching
- classroom observation
- English Language Teaching materials
- using videos and computers in language teaching
- English for specific purposes
What are the course dates?
The programme will run from Monday - Friday from 09.30 -16.30 for one week in October, February and May, provided enough people enrol.
Monday 15 October - Friday 19 October 2012
Monday 11 February - Friday 15 February 2013
Monday 20 May - Friday 24 May 2013
How much will it cost?
The cost of this course is £200.00. We are able to offer this course at a concessionary rate of £100.00 to those who are in receipt of benefits. Please contact he English Office for further information.
How to apply
Please complete the application form in full and send it to us with your fee no later than the beginning of the month when your course begins.
For further information, please contact our Information Desk.
Brasshouse Language Centre
50 Sheepcote Street
General enquiries: + 44 (0)121 303 1626
Copyright: Copyright Restricted
Copyright: Birmingham City Council