Due to essential maintenance the online account may not be available between 18:00 hours and midnight.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA)
What is CELTA?
The Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) is the initial qualification recognised world-wide by employers of EFL teachers. The course is designed to enable people who have little or no previous experience to:
- acquire essential subject knowledge and familiarity with the principles of effective teaching
- acquire a range of practical skills for teaching English to adult learners
- demonstrate their ability to apply their learning in a real teaching context
CELTA plus PTLLS
We are pleased to offer he Preparation to Teach in the Life Long Learning Sector (PTTLS) course as part of the semi-intensive CELTA courses. This is an initial generic teaching qualification. This qualification enables you to teach in the Adult Education and Further Education sector.
How is the course assessed?
There are 3 components of assessment:
- teaching practice - candidates must teach and be assessed on 6 hours of teaching
- assignments - candidates must submit 4 assignments and pass 3 of them
- professional - candidates must attend the whole course, observe 6 hours of teaching by experienced teachers and behave professionally throughout the course.
In addition, candidates must be able to devote at least 80 hours during the course for research and assignments. Assessment is continuous, and candidates are supported by a series of tutorials.
Applicants for the course must be at least 20 years old, have a good standard of education (for example, a degree or equivalent) and a very good standard of English, both written and spoken, equivalent to that of an educated native speaker. If English is not your first language, you will need a Cambridge Proficiency certificate with a grade A pass or IELTS at grade 8 to be considered for the course.
How much will it cost?
We are pleased to be able to offer the courses for £1,100.00 / £1,250.00. This includes all tuition, membership of the Open Learning Centre, and teaching materials.
|Semi Intensive Plus PTLLS||24 September - 07 December 2012||£1,250.00|
|Semi Intensive Plus PTLLS||14 January - 28 March 2013||£1,250.00|
|Full Time Intensive||01 July - 26 July 2013||£1,100.00|
|Semi Intensive Plus PTTLS||23 September - 05 December 2013||£1,250.00|
How to apply
Please complete the application form in full and return it to the address below.
For further information, please contact our Information Desk.
Brasshouse Language Centre
50 Sheepcote Street
General enquiries: + 44 (0)121 303 1626
Copyright: Copyright Restricted
Copyright: Copyright Restricted.