Due to essential maintenance, some of our forms may be unavailable on Saturday between 8.00am and 6.00pm. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Third Sector Partnership Team
Welcome to the Third Sector Partnership Team. We work under the division of Policy, Strategy and Commissioning in Adults and Communities Directorate.
We are pleased to share with you a snapshot of some of the work we do:
- Work closely with third sector organisations, policy and strategic commissioners, market shapers across social care and across the Health economies.
- Manage and direct the processes for the submission of applications for funding deriving from the Adults and Communities Third Sector Commissioning Funding Prospectus.
- Ensure all data whether enquiries or applications are replied to, logged and processed in accordance with key strategic outcomes within the Third Sector Commissioning Prospectus.
- Monitor, review and collect data that assists strategic commissioners to work more smartly and targeted.
- Work closely with third sector organisations and sector representatives to provide training and links to other sources of funding.
- Manage the corporate database which provides the evidence of commissioned funding to third sector organisations as well as it evidencing other sources of funding to these organisations.
What is the Third Sector?
The Third Sector is a generic term used by the Council to refer to the voluntary and community sector. The term encompasses not-for-profit organisations such as registered charities, voluntary organisations and community groups, faith groups engaged in voluntary social action, community interest companies and social enterprises.
What does the Third Sector Partnership Team provide?
The Third Sector Partnership Team is responsible for all the Adults and Communities Directorates commissioning funding arrangements. These derive from the Third Sector Commissioning Funding Prospectus. The Third Sector Team is also responsible for the External Funding Service.
The External Funding Service provides information about funding sources, offer advice and guidance to internal and external organisation in search of sources of funding for their initiatives.
What does the Third Sector Partnership Team work with?
The Team works with third sector provider organisations and representatives, Primary Care Trusts and other public sector agencies to identify, respond to and resolve funded issues
- The Team works with internal and external partnerships to commission wellbeing and prevention services that support service users in the community
- The Team works with the third sector and other sector partners to ensure value for money to achieve outcomes for service users
Who can access the service?
- Adults and Communities service areas that require advice on commissioned funding arrangements
- Third sector commissioned service organisations that require information or guidance
- Third sector partnerships with common social care and health agendas
How to contact the team?
Adults and Communities Directorate
Third Sector Partnership Team
Waterlinks House, Ground floor
Tel: helpline: 0121 675 0308
External Funding Support
Third Sector Commissioning Strategy.Pdf