Hall Green District
Visit our new events website to find out
what's on in Hall Green and across the city.
Contact the District Office
Hall Green District Office, 12 Court Rd, Sparkhill, Birmingham, B11 4LX
Tel: 0121 675 9000
Hall Green District consists of four Wards:
- Reports that have been to and agreed by District Committee can be found on the Democracy pages
- Dates of District Committee meetings can be found on the Democracy pages
- Ward Committees
- Contact or meet your Local Councillors
- Contact your Ward Support Officer on 0121 675 9000 or email them at email@example.com
- Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call us on 0121 675 9000.
Hall Green District Convention
The Hall Green District Convention took place on 24 November 2012. Below you can find copies of presentations that were made and a report giving a summary of the outcomes.
District Profile Information
For 2013/14 all wards in the city receive a Community Chest allocation of £50,000. This allocation enables the wards to fund schemes which support ward and neighbourhood working or contribute to extending community engagement, cohesion and empowerment.
Projects supported through this fund must also demonstrate that they support one or more of the outcomes in Birmingham's Council Plan 2008-2013 and Birmingham's Community Strategy 2026.
Generally, any properly constituted organisation may submit a project proposal. You should first talk with the District Ward Support Officer, to find out about what outcomes and locally identified priorities the Ward or District Committee is likely to support and the money that it has available. Contact Salim Miah on 0121 675 0768 or by email at email@example.com.
The Community First Programme is a national programme which runs over four years until 2015. Twenty-seven wards in Birmingham have funding through Community First. The programme is independent of Birmingham City Council and is managed by a national organisation, appointed by the Government, called Community Development Foundation. Community First funding is distributed by a Community First Panel established in the Ward. A list of Community First Panels along with other information about this programme and how to access funding is available on the Community Development Foundation Website.
There may be a number of other funding opportunities available, such as Big Lottery Funding, Sport England, Community Matters and others. Your District Ward Support Officer can give you more information on this.
Delivering services in the District
There are a number of services which the City Council's District Team directly manages in the area, notably:
Sport and Leisure Facilities
- Chamberlain Health & Fitness Centre
- Moseley School Health & Fitness Centre
- Court Road Health & Fitness Centre
- Moseley Road Swimming Pool
Customer Service Centres (formerly known as Neighbourhood Offices)
- Friends Institute
- Kings Heath Community Centre
- Highfield Hall
- Sparkbrook Community & Health Centre
- Sparkhill Social & Cultural Centre
- Refuse Collection - collection of household garbage and bulky waste
- Street Cleansing - emptying litter bins, street sweeping, weed control
- Removal of fly tipping and graffiti
- Grounds maintenance - grass mowing, shrub pruning
The Hall Green District Team
The District Management Team consists of the following staff:
|Pete Hobbs||Service Integration Head - Hall Green District||0121 675 7936|
|Garry Dalton||Hall Green District Engineer||0121 675 9000|
|Salim Miah||District Ward Support Officer - Hall Green||012 675 0768|
|Nicci Collins||Safer Places Officer (East)||0121 675 1310|
|General Tel||Hall Green District Office||0121 675 9000|
|General Fax||Hall Green District Office||0121 675 7945|
We value your comments and suggestions. Have your say about any of the services or facilities in the District.
Useful Internal Links
Cemeteries / Crematoria
Family Information Service
Housing services in your area.
Planning Information and Planning Applications in your Ward.
Waste Management and Refuse Collection
Birmingham Young Libraries Services
IMPORTANT: Information about external links on birmingham.gov.uk
arts champion - The Drum