Adoption of Highways
Adoption is covered by the Legal Agreement and is the process by which future maintenance at public expense is accepted by the highway authority. The Council will issue an adoption certificate when the following actions have taken place.
- The developer must contact the Council at the end of the maintenance period to arrange a further joint inspection of the works. The Council will issue a list of any remedial works required, which must then be completed to our satisfaction.
- The works must have been maintained to our satisfaction during the maintenance period.
- A copy of the certificate of adoption for the sewers, as issued by the relevant water company must be submitted.
- Payment to us any commuted sums that are required.
- The developer must provide the County Council with: ‘as built’ drawings, preferably in an electronic AutoCad form on CD; the Health and Safety file, on CD, produced in accordance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007 (CDM) and terms of the Section 38 or Section 278 Agreement.
- Private Development Section Home Page
- Adoption of Highways
- Agreements under Section 278
- Bond (Surety)
- Considerate Contractors Scheme
- Contact Us
- Creation of New Public Highways (Section 38 Agreement)
- Development Permits
- Environmental Protection
- Highway Design and Technical Approval
- Highway Safety
- Road Making (Costs)
- Safety Audits
- Site Inspection
- Technical Documents
- Traffic Regulation Orders
- Works Notices and Traffic Management during the Works