Due to essential maintenance some of our forms will be unavailable on Saturday 20th December 2014 between 8.00am and 8.00pm. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Reporting a Fault and Online Forms
If you consider any fault you are reporting to be causing a serious hazard to traffic or pedestrians and is in need of urgent attention, please telephone 0121 303 6644 (week days, 8 AM to 8 PM) or 0121 303 4149
How quickly will we carry out safety repairs?
The speed of the repair depends on how urgent the problem is:
- We'll inspect within five working days maximum anything you report.
- Highway related dangerous defects will be made safe within 1 hour of the report.
- All other safety repairs will be repaired within a scheduled programme of works.
You can report faults in most cases using the individual forms which can be accessed from the council webpages listed below.
Should you need to speak to someone regarding street services and fault reporting, then please telephone 0121 303 6644 (Monday to Friday 8am until 8pm) or alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
TYPE OF FAULT
LINK TO COUNCIL WEBPAGE (use CTRL + left click)
Traffic signals and traffic signs
Footway and carriageway defects
Faulty Streetlights or street nameplates
Faulty guardrails, bollards and benches
Footway and carriageway obstruction
Gritting and winter maintenance
Helpful advice for entering into S278 and/or S38 Agreements with Birmingham City Council:
- Before you begin
- Summary - traffic management application process/work types/coordination and noticing of works
- Work in progress - unforeseen issues, changes to proposals, information required from works promoter
- Temporary traffic management audit - general requirements/specific precautions
- General Requirements - Construction
- Development Permits and Section 50 Licences
- Access to Further information - traffic management and streetworks
- Useful contact Details - the council and other organisations
- Reporting a Fault and Online Forms
- Private Development Section Home Page
- Adoption of Highways
- Agreements under Section 278
- Bond (Surety)
- Considerate Contractors Scheme
- Contact Us
- Creation of New Public Highways (Section 38 Agreement)
- Development Permits
- Environmental Protection
- Highway Design and Technical Approval
- Highway Lighting
- Highway Safety
- Road Making (Costs)
- Safety Audits
- Site Inspection
- Technical Documents
- Traffic Regulation Orders
- Works Notices and Traffic Management during the Works