Council tenants' and leaseholders' insurance scheme
Are you covered?
Would you know what to do if your belongings or furniture were destroyed or damaged by fire or water? What about if your home was burgled or vandalised?
Well, now you can do something to protect yourself and your belongings by taking out contents insurance.
Because we know that it's not always easy to get insurance if you're a council tenant or leaseholder, we have worked with Royal & Sun Alliance to create a contents insurance scheme that's just for council tenants and leaseholders.
It costs from £1.69 a week (£0.96 a week if you're aged over 60) and includes the following benefits:
- the option to pay for the insurance weekly, monthly or yearly
- no excess payable on any claim
- it's available to all council tenants and leaseholders
- there are no minimum security requirements
- fast and efficient claims service
- new for old cover (except household linen and clothing where an allowance is made for wear and tear )
- cover for fire, lightening, explosion, storm or flood
- cover for escape of water and/or oil from any fixed water or heating installation
- cover for theft or attempted theft
- cover for riot or vandalism
- cover for accidental damage to TVs, videos, mirrors and fixed glass in furniture
- cover for freezer contents
- cover for personal money in the home
- cover for theft and loss of keys
- cover for damage to interior decorations
- accidental death cover
If you're interested in taking out contents insurance with Royal & Sun Alliance, just fill in the form below and send it to:
White Rose Way
Or you can apply by calling 0845 6718172.