The Inter Library Loans Service for Music
If you want a score, book or journal article which the Birmingham Libraries does not hold, you can request it through Inter Library Loans. The interlending team will try to obtain a copy from another Library Authority but you must be a member of Birmingham Libraries.
How do I make an Inter Library loan request?
For single items:
- Visit the Music Library to fill out the Inter Library Loan application form
- Pay a charge of £3 on application
For performance sets
Please note that the Inter-Library Loans service for performance sets will cease at the end of 2011 for a period of approximately 20 months.
What happens next?
The interlending team will search computer databases and catalogues to track down the item and send the request to the appropriate Library Authority.
- Library staff will advise you when the items have arrived
- Items taken away by you must be returned by the date specified.
- When photocopies of journal articles arrive they can be posted to your address and may be kept by you.
- You may contact the library at any time to find out what is happening to your request or to ask if you may renew the item.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org