The next Remembrance Sunday will be held in Centenary Square on Sunday 9th November 2014
A History of Remembrance Sunday is attached at the foot of this page.
This year's programme is in the process of being finalised but the format will follow the event held in 2013 (please see timings below). An Updated programme will be available shortly.
Brief overview of the 2013 programme
- 10.00am - The Salvation Army Band commences to play on Centenary Square.
- 10.20am - Uniformed contingents march on.
- 10.40am - The Band of The Prince of Wales's Division. The West Midlands Fire Service Pipe Band, Standards and Association March on.
- 10.50am - The Lord Mayor's party will process out of the ICC.
- 10.55 am - Service commences as follows:
Act of Remembrance
Act of Commemoration
Bugler - The Last Post
11.00am - Volley rifle fire by soldiers from 37 Signal Regiment.
Two Minutes Silence
- 11.02am - Volley of rifle fire by soldiers from 37 Signal Regiment.
Bugler - Reveille
Hymn - O God our Help in Ages Past
Act of Commitment
The Lord's Prayer
Broad Street from Paradise Circus to Sheepcote Street, 09.30am -12.00noon.
Cambridge Street from Brindley Drive to the island at the rear of the Repertory Theatre, 7.00am - 12.30pm.
First part of Cambridge Street to Brindley Drive. 11.20 - 11.50 am.
(0121) 303 2040
(0121) 303 4809
Copyright: 2011 Birmingham City Council