Snow Hill Development Brief - Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG)
The Snow Hill Development Brief sets out planning and urban design guidance for a development site adjacent to Snow Hill railway station on Colmore Circus in the city centre.
In May 2002 the Brief was adopted as Supplementary Planning Guidance for use in determining planning applications for the site. The Brief promotes:
- An attractive mixed use development including office, residential and retail uses
- The route for the proposed extension of Midland Metro alongside the station and on through the city centre to Five Ways
- The conversion of Snow Hill Queensway to an urban boulevard
- The creation of safer, more attractive pedestrian routes linking the city core to the Jewellery Quarter and the Gun Quarter - including removal of the subways at Saint Chads Circus, to be replaced by pedestrian crossings
- The enhancement of the setting for Saint Chads Cathedral.
A copy of the document is below along with a map showing the area covered by the proposal. Apologies for the quality of the map.
Document Status : Statutory Policy Document - Adopted May 2002
Last Updated : 8th February 2012