Due to essential maintenance, the website may be unavailable during the weekend. We apologise for any inconvenience.
The City Council’s Driver Training Centre is located at Redfern Depot on Kings Road, Tyseley. It has purpose designed training rooms and manoeuvring areas and has a long history of reliable service offering a consistently high pass rate in LGV (cat C) and PCV (cat D1) tests.
All courses are available to individuals as well as businesses, and other organisations whether they are linked to the City Council or not.
Large Goods Vehicle (LGV) Training
- Large Goods Vehicle Driving courses Category C (Theory tests will need to be passed prior to training)
- Category C – To train those who hold a Full car Licence and are over 21 to drive rigid-bodied Large Goods Vehicles.
Driver CPC Training
- Driver CPC applies to all new and existing drivers who wish to drive professionally and require an LGV or PCV licence in order to do their job.
- Initial Qualification Module 4 Training.
Minibus Driver Training
- Passenger Carrying Vehicles category D1 courses (Minibus up to 16 passenger seats). (Theory tests will need to be passed prior to training)
- Category D1 – To train those who hold a Full car Licence and are over 21 to drive a minibus with up to 16 passenger seats.
Minibus courses include;
- MiDAS Minibus (Modules 1 &2) Courses.
- Minibus Emergency Evacuation Procedures.
Other Services Provided
Pre-employment and other checks can be carried out, on all types of vehicle, and authorisation cards issued where required.
Re-assessments (eg after accidents etc) or longer assessments/refresher training are also available.
Courses can be tailored to suit individual requirements and the training is conducted by qualified DSA, MiDAS and JAUNT instructors.