In partnership with Centro and National Express West Midlands, Birmingham City Council offers numerous benefits to both the employer and their employees to aid and encourage the development of alternative ideas presented in Company TravelWise in Birmingham.
Company TravelWise in Birmingham now covers over 170,000 employees from over 260 organisations across the city. These organisations include hospitals, universities, shops, manufacturing outlets, offices, retail parks, entertainment complexes and supermarkets.
Company TravelWise comes in two parts:
- Part I is a summary and includes the aims, targets and methods of implementation.
- Part II contains the more detailed ideas, benefits and incentives, which enables your organisation to establish a plan suited to your needs.
- professional advice and support
- employee travel survey with analysis
- public transport information and timetables
- staff travel awareness sessions
- Company TravelWise noticeboards sponsored by Centro
- access to free online car share matching service
- car park management plan for the employer
- information on telecommuting, alternative fuels and eco driving
- possible improvements of public transport services to the workplace
- information on cycling, walking and safe routes
- opportunities for business forums to develop regarding transport matters
- discounted annual travel passes for bus, rail and metro (including 50% discount for one year in some cases)
- reduced price bulk purchase of one day travel passes
- dicounted bicycles and motor scooters
If your company is interested in joining the scheme, please contact the number below to find out more about how we can help you, or fill in the affiliation certificate request slip below and return by post, email or fax. On receiving this, we will send you two Company TravelWise Certificates.
Once these are signed and a copy is sent back to us, your organisation has affiliated to the scheme and will now be entitled to the discounts and advice offered above.
For further information please contact:
Tel: 0121 303 7249
Please send completed forms to:
Transportation Strategy (3/2)
1 Lancaster Circus Queensway