Sutton Coldfield District
Welcome to the Sutton Coldfield District Pages
Sutton Coldfield is the largest parliamentary constituency in Birmingham and is sub-divided into the four electoral Wards of Sutton Four Oaks, Sutton New Hall, Sutton Trinity and Sutton Vesey. Sutton Coldfield, covers just over one fifth of Birmingham's administrative area and borders Staffordshire and Warwickshire countryside to the north and east. There is a map attached at the base of the page which shows the boundaries and when magnified, the roads and amenities.
Sutton Coldfield's recorded history spans one thousand years. The story of the town is enhanced by the activity of Bishop Vesey, who played a significant role in securing the future of Sutton Park which forms Sutton Coldfield's most dominant geographical feature. Much of the district is green space. New Hall Valley Country Park, Plantsbrook Nature Reserve, five golf courses (two are Birmingham City Council Golf Courses operated by 'My Time') and most of Birminghams green belt provide the Sutton Coldfield with its major asset. There are many public and privately owned historic buildings throughout the town; some are covered by the conservation areas of Four Oaks and the town centre.
How you can be involved
- You can attend regular District Committees
- Ward Committees provide a mechanism for members of the public to become involved in the decisions that affect specific neighbourhoods
- Contact and/or meet your Ward Councillors
- Contact and/or meet your District Support Officer
- Look at the Democracy in Birmingham pages which give you access to agendas, minutes, reports and decisions of meetings
- You can give us your compliments, comments or complaints by visiting the 'Your Views' page
- There are Neighbourhood Forums in each Ward, involving a wide range of people
Call us on 0121 464 9083