Service menu
Find local facilities and services

Sign up for e-alerts

Things to do in Birmingham

Available on the app store

Victoria Square stands at the junction of three streets; New Street, Paradise Street and Colmore Row. After the Council House was built in the 1870s it was known as Council House Square. It became Victoria Square after the arrival of the statue of Queen Victoria in 1901.

Between August 1992 and June 1993, Victoria Square was completely redesigned at a cost of £0.2 million. Only the statue of Queen Victoria remains in its original location. The square was re-opened by Diana, the Princess of Wales on 6 May 1993.

The square is also the site of Birmingham's Town Hall, and several public works of art, including the Iron Man and the 'Floozie in the Jacuzzi'.

Maps: City of Birmingham


Birmingham City Council

Organisation Search

Search Organisations By Area Served

Select By Area Served for more details. To see the organisations sorted in a different order, select one of the other views.

Views: By Organisation Type | By Facilities | By Additional Services | By Area Served | By Languages Spoken

No results found. You may try a new search.