Contact the Family & Parenting Support Service
The Family and Parenting Support Service is responsible for
- the implementation of the Parenting Support Strategy, now being integrated with the Family Support Strategy;
- supporting the Incredible Years and Triple P Brighter Futures pilot programmes;
- co-ordinating a programme of parenting practitioner training and providing specialist advice and practice support to practitioners to ensure best practice standards. This includes promoting the use of a standard Family Questionnaire and formal Assessment tools such as SDQ’s, Parenting Scale and Depression Anxiety and Stress Scale (DASS);
- a Parenting Support database and ongoing contact with practitioners monitoring and evaluating the delivery and impact of family / parenting support to inform further service planning and design;
- promoting integrated working between services and agencies by working in partnership with statutory and voluntary services for children 0-19; and
- leading the continuing development of the Framework for Parent Engagement and in partnership with Parent Views Count promoting engagement in the planning, delivery and evaluation of children and family services.
If you are aware of a family or parent(s) who would like support please contact your local children's centre or school.
In cases of emergency or you have concerns for a child please contact your local the Integrated Access Team (IAT).