Climate Change Committee
Strategic leadership of Birmingham City Council’s effort to deliver on its Climate Change Action Plan is led by a committee of elected members.
The committee is led by Cllr Paul Tilsley, the city council’s Deputy Leader and will be supported by observers and “critical friends”.
Amongst its roles and responsibilities, the Committee will monitor progress on how the city is cutting Birmingham’s total current annual energy bill of over £1.5 billion, and efforts which are being made to make Birmingham greener. The Committee is set to review the Climate Change Action Plan in 2011, 2012 and 2017.
The membership of the Climate Change and Sustainability Cabinet Committee is:
• Deputy Leader of the Council (as Chairman)
• Cabinet Member for Children Young People and Families
• Cabinet Member for Housing
• Cabinet Member for Local Services and Community Safety
• Cabinet Member for Transportation and Regeneration
• Cabinet Member for Leisure, Sport and Culture
• Chairman of Co-ordinating Overview and Scrutiny Committee (Observer)
• Leader of Principal Opposition Group (or nominee) (Observer)
• Chairman of Be Birmingham Birmingham Environmental Partnership Executive Board (Observer)
• Foundation Director of Forum for the Future (Observer)