Bordesley Circus Junction Improvements
Birmingham City Council has secured Department for Transport ‘Local Pinch Point’ funding to deliver infrastructure improvements at key roundabout junctions on the Ring Road, to reduce congestion and improve access to the Central Business District and Enterprise Zone.
Junction Improvements at Bordesley Circus
We are seeking to implement the following works in 2015 to reduce congestion at Bordesley Circus; these proposals are shown on the plan available for download below, and include:
- Signalisation of the roundabout with widened approaches on A45 Small Heath Highway and Watery Lane Middleway.
- A signalised one-way lane through the centre of the roundabout, from A45 Small Heath Highway to A4540 Watery Lane Middleway.
- An additional lane on the A45 Small Heath Highway approach to the roundabout.
- Providing new Pedestrian Crossings on Bordesley Middleway, Watery Lane Middleway; Small Heath Highway, and also on both arms of Coventry Road.
- Proposed improvements to cycle facilities at Adderley Street/ Watery Lane Middleway/ Kingston Road Junction by providing a signal controlled cycle gate.
- Extending existing double red lines by 10m at Adderley Street/ Watery Lane Middleway Junction and also at Kingston Road/ Watery Lane Middleway Junction.
- Providing additional signs to the existing parallel cycle routes where required to promote these routes as an alternative to cycling through the busy roundabouts. The existing parallel cycle routes around Bordesley Circus are shown on the plan available for download below.
Bordesley Circus Contact Information
To discuss these proposals further, please contact us by email: email@example.com. or telephone 0121 675 4332.
Comments can also be provided in writing to:
Birmingham City Council,
PO Box 16719
Birmingham B2 2GA