Curzon Circle Junction Improvements
Birmingham City Council has secured Department for Transport ‘Local Pinch Point’ funding to deliver infrastructure improvements at key roundabout junctions on the Ring Road, to reduce congestion and improve access to the Central Business District and Enterprise Zone.
Junction Improvements at Curzon Circle
We are seeking to implement the following works in late 2014/early 2015 to reduce congestion at Curzon Circle; these works are shown on the plan available for download below, and entail:
- Upgrading existing pedestrian crossing to Toucan Crossing on Lawley Middleway.
- Carriageway widening on Lawley Middleway approach to the roundabout to improve highway capacity.
- Reducing the size of the central island to increase circulatory lane widths.
- Providing shared use pedestrian and cycle facilities at Curzon Street and Lawley Middleway.
- Providing circulatory road markings at the roundabout to improve lane discipline.
- Providing additional signs to the existing parallel cycle routes to promote these routes as an alternative to cycling through the busy roundabouts. The existing parallel cycle routes around Curzon Circle are shown on drawing available for download below.
Curzon Circus Contact Information
To discuss these proposals further, please contact us by email: email@example.com. or telephone 0121 675 4405.
Comments can also be provided in writing to:
Birmingham City Council,
PO Box 16719
Birmingham B2 2GA