Due to essential maintenance some of our forms are currently unavailable.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Bournville: Places of Interest
The older part of Bournville surrounding the Green came into being at the end of the 19th Century and is world famous as one of the earliest examples of a residential neighbourhood created according to the principles of the Garden City movement. Part is now designated as a Conservation Area and contains a number of buildings listed as of historical or architectural importance.
Selly Manor and Minworth Greaves
Both are medieval buildings, with some later additions, which were moved from their original sites elsewhere and re-erected on the Estate. They contain an interesting collection of period furniture and domestic equipment and are open to the public.
Bournville Schools were a gift of the late George and Dame Elizabeth Cadbury and were begun in 1905.
The buildings, designed by W Alexander Harvey, the Trust's Chief Architect at the time, are of considerable architectural distinction, and are surmounted by a tower whose belfry contains a Carillon of 48 bells: one of the largest in the country.