St. Philip's Cathedral
St. Philip's Church was consecrated in 1715, having been designed by Thomas Archer in the baroque style.
When Birmingham became a bishopric in 1905, St Philip's, despite rival claims from St Martin's, became its cathedral.
A statue of the first bishop, Charles Gore, stands by the west door. Inside there are fine windows by Burne-Jones, for which the artist waived his fee, being himself a Birmingham man.