Yardley District Savings Proposals 2014/15 and 2015/16
As part of the savings that Birmingham City Council is making, each District has reviewed their service provision to identify future service savings for 2014/15 and 2015/16. The attachments below give an outline of the overall District Services position and the Yardley District Proposals.
There will be public consultation at Ward Committees on the following dates:-
- Stechford & Yardley North Ward - Tuesday 11 February 2014, 7.00pm at St Edburgha's Church, Church Road, Yardley B33 8PB
- Sheldon Ward - Wednesday 12 February 2014, 7.00pm at Sheldon Community Centre, Sheldon Heath Road, Sheldon B26 2RU
- South Yardley Ward - Thursday 13 February 2014, 6.30pm at Sparkbrook Christian Centre, Golden Hillock Road B11 2PN
- Acocks Green Ward - Wednesday 26 February 2014, 7.00pm at Severne Primary School, Severne Road, Acocks Green B27 7HR
Please send comments to us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can write to us at Yardley District Office, 1st Floor, Fox Hollies Leisure Centre, Shirley Road, Acocks Green, Birmingham B27 7NS.
Contact Yardley District
- Telephone - 0121 464 9095
- Yardley District Office, 1st Floor, Fox Hollies Leisure Centre, Shirley Road, Acocks Green, B27 7NS
Contact Yardley Housing Team
Antisocial Behaviour (ASB)
Tenancy Estate Services
Visit our new event website to find out
what's on in Yardley and across the city.
- Email - email@example.com
- Telephone - 0121 303 5054
Contact your Local Councillors
How to get involved and have your say
If you live or work in Yardley, we want you to be involved in running local services there. You can raise issues which concern you and contribute to decision making in a number of ways:
- District Committee - the key decision making body for Yardley District and part of the Governance Framework for the City Council
- Ward Committees provide a mechanism for members of the public to become involved in the decisions that affect their neighbourhood
- Both District and Ward Committee reports and decisions can be found at Democracy in Birmingham
The Acocks Green in Bloom Team have been working hard to beat their 2012 Britain in Bloom achievements. You can read about their 2013 bid and see photos of the highlights on their web page.
For 2013/14 all wards in the city receive a Community Chest allocation of £50,000. This allocation enables the wards to fund schemes which support ward and neighbourhood working or contribute to extending community engagement, cohesion and empowerment.
Projects supported through this fund must also demonstrate that they support one or more of the outcomes in Birmingham’s Council Plan 2008 -2013 and Birmingham’s Community Strategy 2026.
Generally, any properly constituted organisation may submit a project proposal. You should first talk with the District Ward Support Officer to find out about what outcomes and locally identified priorities the Ward or District Committee is likely to support and the money that it has available.
For Wards within the Yardley District please contact your local ward support office, Virginia Yates, on 0121 464 7701 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Community First Programme is a national programme which runs over four years until 2015. 27 Wards in Birmingham have funding through Community First. The programme is independent of Birmingham City Council and is managed by a national organisation, appointed by the Government, called Community Development Foundation. Community First funding is distributed by a Community First Panel established in the Ward. A list of Community First Panels along with other information about this programme and how to access funding is available on the Community Development Foundation Website
There may be a number of other funding opportunities available, such as Big Lottery Funding for example. For more information on this, contact your local ward support office, Virginia Yates, on 0121 464 7701 or email: email@example.com
Sport and Leisure
Fox Hollies Leisure Centre - Improved Access
We are pleased to announce the opening of a new walkway from Fox Hollies Road.
This will give direct access to the Centre from the Number 11 route.
The walkway will open
06:45 - 22:15 Monday to Friday
06:45 - 15:45 Saturday
07:45 - 20:45 Sunday
Customer Service Centres (formerly Neighbourhood Offices)
Please give us your views. We would like you to tell us what you think of our services. It’s always great for us to hear when things go right but crucially, it’s important for us to know if we get things wrong.
- Adult Learning
- Council Tax & Benefits
- Bereavement Services
- Disability Information Zone
- Grafitti Removal
- Housing General
- Housing Offices
- Jobs with Birmingham City Council
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexuals & Transexuals websites
- Older Peoples Services
- Planning Applications
- Parks & Open Spaces
- Refuse Collection & Recycling
- Schools Directory
- Youth Groups
- Information about external links in birmingham.gov.uk
- Arts Champion - the mac