Benefits Advice Team
Take Up Campaigns
A The Benefits Advice team is responsible for initiating and running benefit take-up campaigns providing welfare benefits advice and support to the Neighbourhood Advice and Benefits Division.
Benefits Advice Team support City residents to take up their entitlements to benefits including:-
- pension credit
- attendance allowance
- income support
- housing and council tax benefit
- identify underclaimers through council records
- promote local and community based initiatives
- produce leaflets and information
- work with other agencies and departments
- claim additional benefits of million per year
They also carry out Home Visits by referrals made to them from Neighbourhood Offices.
In addition, the team run area based campaigns, individual benefit take-up campaigns (e.g. Disability Benefits) and campaigns aimed at particular groups of claimants (e.g. Carers, pensioners).
They also work jointly with the NHS and Social Services advising 16 year olds who receive special education.
In 2005 they delivered three area based campaigns funded through NRF in Longbridge, Oscott and Edgbaston.