Resident involvement is how you, as a tenant, leaseholder or resident, can influence how the council provides its services to you.
It is a two way process, which means that we will share information and ideas with you, and we will listen to your suggestions and comments.
Successful resident involvement should lead to improvements in the services you receive and help the council to make better decisions.
- Conditions of Tenancy
- Leaseholder Enquiries
- Annual Report to Tenants
- Housing Performance
- Menu of Involvement
- Service Standards
- The Annual Statement of Consultation
- What support will you receive if you become involved
- Tenant Training Programme
- Housing Liasion Boards
- Tenant Management Organisations
- Tenant Involvement Agreement
- Birmingham Be Heard