Fireworks Spectacular 2012
Watch the skies light up and make 5 November a night to remember by enjoying a fantastic FREE fireworks display at Pype Hayes Park, Erdington, North Birmingham.
The gates open at 4pm so you can enjoy the thrills of the funfair and warm up with some hot snacks and drinks before the fireworks start at 8pm.
Telephone: 0121 303 3008
There is no parking at Pype Hayes Car Park (except for people with disabilities – access off Chester Road). However there is free parking at the Fort Shopping Centre and a special park and ride service from 4.30pm-10.30pm. Shuttle buses will be located near W H Smith and will run from The Fort to the Bagot Arms opposite the park. Network West Midlands bus routes to Pype Hayes Park: 28, 67, 114, 914.
Organised fireworks displays are the safest way to enjoy fireworks. Please leave your pets and fireworks at home. Any fireworks (including sparklers) brought on site will be confiscated and destroyed.
No dogs, except guide dogs.
West Midlands fire Service recognises that people may prefer to celebrate the occasion at home with family and friends and where this is the case, people are reminded to ensure that:
- Fireworks are stored safely (usually in a tin with a lid)
- They comply with the guidance set out in the firework code
- Children are always supervised around fireworks
- They never return to a firework which has failed to go off – it may go off unexpectedly
- They never pour petrol or other flammable materials over a bonfire
- They make sure spectators maintain a safe distance
- They ensure the bonfire is safely constructed away from buildings, fences and other materials which could catch alight if the fire spreads; and
- They remember it can take several hours for a bonfire to fully extinguish.
Entertainment sponsored by Asda