Waste & Recycling
Refuse and recycling collection services are likely to be disrupted on Friday 18th July 2014
Despite extensive talks with representatives from Unite, the City Council has been unable at this point to reach an agreement over issues that have been raised by the Trade Union about terms and conditions of employment for refuse collection staff.
The Council is continuing to talk to the Union with a view to reaching a resolution, but regrettably, there will be some industrial action that will lead to disruption of collection services.
Residents are asked to put our their refuse and recycling as usual. If it is not collected, we would ask that people take any uncollected bags, boxes and bins back onto their properties, and to present them again when their next scheduled collection is due (one week’s time for refuse and two weeks’ time for recycling).
The planned collection of unwanted old bins and boxes in the Aston, Ladywood, Nechells and Soho wards over the weekend of 19th and 20th August has also been disrupted by industrial action. We apologise for the inconvenience caused and ask you to take them back onto your property. We will announce an alternative collection date once the industrial action is resolved. In the meantime you can take them to your local HRC.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and would like to reassure residents we are doing everything possible to resolve the issues relating to the industrial action.
Rubbish and Recycling
- Find out about large items (bulky waste) collections
- Report damaged or lost bins/sacks
- Report a missed Collection
- Request assisted collection service
- Check your Refuse/Recycling Collection day
- Household Recycling Centres (Tips)
- Local Recycling Centres (bottle, paper and textile banks)
- Find out about recycling
- Re-use charities and organisations in Birmingham
- Request street cleaning (including dead animal and leaf fall removal)
- Request graffiti removal
- Report flyposting
- Report a problem with a litter bin
- Find out about public toilets
- Find out about dumped rubbish (flytipping)
- Report Spilled Refuse